Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What a month!

Wow! What a month it has been for the Shelton family! So glad it is over. Through all of the struggles our family has gone through it has really caused me reflect on whats important. Thankfully our family is believers and we have the ability to turn everything over to the Lord, thank goodness for that...but why is it so hard to do sometimes? I have learned that I am even more of a worrier than I thought I was and I had a really hard time letting go of my fears this last month. I have always been a "Daddy's girl" and  it is very hard for me to see him in pain! I read and re-read Isaiah 35: 4 over and over this month. "Say to those with fearful hearts, be strong, do not fear; Your God will come. He will come with vengeance with devine retribution he will come to save you".  Also, Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dimayed, for I am your God. I will strenthen you and help you: I will uphold you with my righteous right hand".

I have spent a lot of time on my knees in prayer this month....God is good!

It is times like these that just make me so thankful that I have an awesome family. I have a wonderful husband and the perfect daughter and not only a great immediate family but I am so blessed to have such fabulous in laws who love the Lord and are such great examples of Christ's love. I also have great friends who really care about me and my family. There have been so many people who have called and e-mailed to check in to see how things are going and if there was anything they could do to help. They have diligently been in prayer and as we all know the power of prayer is great. I have so much to thankful for and I pray I do not lose sight of those things...even when times are tough.

Please continue to pray for healing over the months to come... my grandparents should be moved up here April 1st, yeah!! I have missed them desperately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment