Wednesday, March 11, 2015

There is Beauty in the the suffering

So I've tried this blog writing thing a few times.... I'm not very good at it. I am a much better blog follower/reader than I am a writer. But, my heart has been so heavy for a sweet lady on a blog I follow that I wanted to share....


A little less than a year ago I found myself searching the internet looking for people who were currently living with Metastatic breast cancer. See my sister in law had fought stage 3 breast cancer a few years prior but then had been diagnosed with Stage four metastatic breast cancer. It was overwhelming, confusing and there was so much uncertainty wrapped around that diagnosis. I wanted more information...what was it going to be like??? How could I help her? I came across this blog of Kara Tippets. I have never met her and yet I feel like I know her. She, like my sister in law, has 4 young children, a husband named Jason who is a pastor and Metastatic breast cancer. Quite interesting the commonalities. So I was drawn to her story. Her cancer had progressed quite quickly and she was honest about what she was going through and feeling.... I felt like it gave me this deep insight into how my sister in law might be feeling. I check her blog every morning. It helps me know how I can pray for her specifically. I have to be honest though, it is like I want to know how she is doing but then I don't. Sadly, Kara is now on hospice and does not have a lot of time left. My heart ACHES for her. I do not know how she feels and really can not imagine but as a mother I know all she wants is more time with her babies and husband.
I have spent time talking with my sister in law lately about how to live our lives more abundantly. This can be hard for me. I am a dreamer..... I like to think about where my family and I will be in 2, 5, 10 years. I don't think that is bad, but sometimes I find myself taking advantage of the here and now. Maybe missing out on the joys of TODAY. This is something Kara does so vibrantly. She is leaving behind such a legacy to her children. It is interesting how this sweet lady whom I've never met has touched me so deeply. I think of her daily, sometimes hourly. Life is not fair but like she often says "there is beauty in the suffering".
Here is a documentary Trailer about Kara. I would encourage you to watch it and maybe read some of her blog entries. Pray for her and her family. That they might have special, sweet and kind moments together.

I have a dear friend Jay Lyons, who is a producer that filmed our family for several days and put together this short trailer of our family. Watch and learn a new corner of our story.
MUNDANEFAITHFULNESS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment